Thank you for expressing interest about member-owned electric power generation. To assist our members, we have developed a streamlined process for safe, reliable, efficient, and cost-effective interconnection of small renewable energy systems.
Our goal is to protect the safety of cooperative personnel and members, maintain the integrity and reliability of the grid, and establish mechanisms to ensure rate equity for all members. Because interconnected generation systems can affect the safety and reliability of the distribution system, we have developed technical interconnection procedures that address those safety and reliability impacts. These procedures ensure that we can continue to provide you and all other members with safe and reliable electricity service.
We are ready to help by providing information and answering questions. We want to give you the tools you need to make an informed decision about an interconnected generation system. Below is the list of forms and information you will need to interconnect your generation system. Please click on these links to review the information.
We look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please contact our Member Service Department at 218-694-6241.
- Resolution of Minnesota Statute 216B.164, updated March 2019
- Rules of MN Statute 216B.164
- Distributed Generation/Net Metering Policy
- 2021 Distributed Generation Rate Schedule
- Pre-Application Request Application
- Simplified Interconnection Application (for systems 20KW or less)
- Standard Interconnection Application - Fast Track
- 2021 Uniform Contract
- Interconnection Agreement
- Storage Application
- 2021 Certificate of Completion
- Process Overview
- Simplified Process (for systems 20KW or less)
- Fast Track Process (for systems between 20KW and 39.9KW)
- Technical Specification Manual (TSM), Effective July 1st, 2020
- Technical Interconnection & Interoperability Requirements (TIIR), Effective July 1st, 2020
Clearwater-Polk Electric Cooperative has joined Minnkota Power Cooperative and Joint System in a Petition for PURPA Waiver. Click here to read the full petition.
The 2021 distributed generation rate for excess kilowatt-hours generated is $0.12568 for Rate Classification 1 (residential accounts) and $0.10332 for Rate Classification 4 (Commercial & Industrial). Please see the 2021 Distributed Generation Rate Schedule for more details.
***Note: For the installation of systems 40KW and greater, please contact Clearwater-Polk Electric at 218-694-6241 ext: 123