Clearwater-Polk Electric is the Katolight Corporation Distributor (MTU Energy) for the northwest corner of Minnesota. We work with some of our neighboring cooperatives and are able to offer generators and special rates to our members.
The generator program consists of a special electric rate of $.039 per kwh for those members who purchase a generator large enough so CPE can shed the member's entire load during peak times. This helps reduce CPE's electric charges from Minnkota Power and the need for building new power plants in the future. Overall this helps strengthen your cooperative.
To find out more on this program, schedule an appointment with one of our member service representatives and they will help you choose which size best fits your needs and give you a free estimate.
If the generator is not available during control periods you will be billed a demand charge.
Top 10 Reasons to participate in this program
- Savings on electric bill
- Professionally installed and serviced by your Electric Cooperative
- Low Interest Loan Program
- Loan is added to your electric bill
- No down payment
- Helps your Cooperative shed load at peak times
- Katolight has manufactured quality generators since 1952
- Backup power for when you need it
- Pays for itself in 10-15 years depending on size and number of hours controlled
- All automatic